Library GuideOpening Hours
Tuesday - Sunday
• December 29th - January 3rd
• All Public Holidays
• When a Public Holiday falls on a Monday, the following
Tuesday will be closed. These days can be confirmed
in the calendar link.Library Card Registration
To borrow any item from Noheji Library you must have
a Library card. Please fill out the registration form at the
front counter. The following documents are required for
identification; driver's license, health insurance card,
• Take your library card and materials to the front counter
• Books, and picture-story boards can be borrowed for up to 15 days
• Magazines (non-current),CD, DVD and Videos can be borrowed for up to 8 days.
• A total of 3 materials can be borrowed at the same time
• Borrowed materials can be renewed once, as long as
they have not been reserved by another person.
Returning Borrowed Materials
Please return all borrowed materials to the front counter.
When the library is closed please use the outside return
• A group must contain 5 or more people
• Group borrowing is for 1 month
• Groups can borrow up to 5 sets of books
(1 set is 20 books)
If a book is already being borrowed you can request
a reservation at the front counter or via email. We will
let you know as soon as the book becomes available.
If the library does not have a book you can fill out
a request form. We will try to fulfil your request by
either purchasing the book or by organising
a temporary loan from another library.
Please see the front counter for more information.
Only Noheji town residences can apply. There may
be times when your request may not be provided.
The library can photocopy materials for study and r
esearch purposes provided it is in compliance with
all copyright laws.
Assistance for any enquiries for library materials or
general interest is available at the front counter.
Assistance can also be given via telephone, fax or
Prefecture Library Card
Noheji residences can apply for an Aomori Prefecture
Library Card which can be used at any library within the
Aomori Prefecture. It is valid for 3 years. All materials
must be returned to the library which they were borrowed.
To apply you will required the following two documents;
driver's license and insurance card. Please see the front
counter for an application form.
First floor guide map. PDF version available here
All borrowing and information requests
Seating available. Newspapers and magazines available
to read. Smoking area
Reading corner (far side)
16 seats available
Children's corner (entrance side)
Offers a large selection of picture story books for children
under 12 years old
Second Floor guide map
Multipurpose room can be used for presentations, lectures,
movies, music etc. 60 seats available.
Quiet study area. 18 seats available.
Directions to Noheji Library
From Noheji Train Station
● Walking - 25 minutes
- When exiting the station head down road 178
on the right side. (400m)
- Turn left at the traffic lights and head down road
- Turn left just before the traffic lights near the Post
- Continue down this road until you see the Library.
●Bus - 5 minutes, than 5 minute walk
- Catch a bus in front of the station that goes past
- Get off at the Noheji Chuo bus stop (near the NTT
building) ★on map below.
- 5 minute walk - continue down the Main Street towards
the Post Office.
- After the traffic lights turn right. (you will see a large
blue sign above the intersection)
- Continue to walk down this road until you reach to
●Driving - 5 minutes
- When exiting the station head down road 178 on the
right side. (400m)
- Turn left at the traffic lights and head down road 279. (1km)
- Turn left just before the traffic lights near the Post Office.
- Continue down this road until you see the Library. (180m)